While we are affiliated with the SBC and the SBTC we are not your typical denominational church. If you're looking for a real encounter with God and New testament Christianity, we invite you to join us.
1. About God - God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God.
Genesis 1:1, Genesis 26-27, Genesis 3:22, Psalm 90:2, Matthew 28:19, I Peter 1:2, II Corinthians 13:14
2. About Man - Man is made in the spiritual image of God to be like Him in character. He is the supreme object of God’s creation. Although man has tremendous potential for good, he is marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called “sin.” This attitude separates man from God.
Genesis 1:27, Psalm 8:3-6, Isaiah 53:6a, Romans 3:23, Isaiah 59:1-2
3. About Eternity - Man was created to exist forever. He will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or in union with God through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life. Heaven and Hell are places of eternal existence.
John 3:16, I John 2:25, I John 5:11-13, Romans 6:23, Revelation 20:15
4. About Jesus Christ - Jesus Christ is the Son of God. HE is co-equal with the Father. Jesus Christ was born of a virgin and lived a sinless human life offering Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all men by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven's glory and will return again to earth to reign as King of Kings, and Lord of Lord's.
Matthew 1:22-23, Isaiah 9:6, John 1:1-5, John 14:10-30, Hebrews 4:14-15, I Corinthians 15:3-4, Romans 1:3-4,
Acts 1:9-11, I Timothy 6:14-15, Titus 2:13
5. About Salvation - Salvation is a gift from God to man. Man can never make up for his sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness can man be saved from sin’s penalty. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into his life by faith.
Romans 6:23, Ephesians 2:8-9, John 14:6, John 1:12, Titus 3:5, Galatians 3:26, Romans 5
6. About Eternal Security - Because God gives man eternal life through Jesus Christ, the believer is secure in that salvation for eternity. Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the self-effort of the Christian. It is grace and keeping power of God that gives this security.
John 10:29, II Timothy 1:12, Hebrews 7:25, Hebrews 10:10-14, I Peter 1:3-5
7. About The Holy Spirit - The Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and the Son as God. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. The Christian seeks to live under His control daily.
II Corinthians 3:17, John 16:7-13, John 14:16-17, Acts 1:8, I Corinthians 2:12, 3:16, Ephesians 1:13, Galatians 5:25 Ephesians 5:18
8. About the Bible - The Bible is God's Word to all men. It was written by human authors under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living. Because it is inspired by God, it is truth without any mixture of error.
II Timothy 3:16, II Peter 1:20-21, II Timothy 1:13, Psalms 119:105, Proverbs 30:5
9. About Baptism - We believe in scriptural baptism. That was the method John used to baptize Jesus. As soon as Jesus was baptized, He went up out of the water. Every baptism in the bible was by immersion. It is the best symbol of death and resurrection!
Matthew 3:16, Acts 2:41, Acts 8:12, Acts 18:8